Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Camp 2010

Was at the OCF Easter Camp from the 1st till the 3rd and it really has been another journey for me. The camp was excellent and the food was terrific. Haven't had such good food for awhile. Two thumbs up for the chicken rice. OCF has some really good cooks and most of them guys (only one girl in the kitchen mind you) so keep the blessing rolling guys and girls. Was made group leader for the camp. Honestly I didn't want to because I wanted to be a normal camper. Didn't want to have responsibilities for once. It has been awhile since I've been a normal camper. Always had something to do. You're either leading a group, in the worship team, camp commitee or all three at the same time. Looking back, it was a good learning experience for me. And I thank God for reassuring me during the sermons that what I was talking about during the devotions were correct. I did worry about whether what I said was correct because people were actually taking notes!! Overall I'd say that it was a refreshing camp for me. Didn't really learn anything new because I've heard all those sermons before. But it's good to hear them again because I belive that sometimes we need a good reminder and recently, I've had a lot of reminding. And I especially thank God for touching those that He did in that special way. If there's one lesson that I've been reminded of is that at the point where you feel so hopeless, when all seems lost, when circumstances seem to be so overwhelming, or basically when you've had it with what has been going on, God in His awesome power WILL pull you through, and from experience, literally pull you through. You will watch over our coming and going, both now and forevermore.

No comments: