Thursday, April 15, 2010

Joshie New

Before I flew to Tassie, I was telling everyone who were willing to listen that I would be flying off with 3 really somewhat kiasu classmates. And one happens to be your significant other. With this in mind, me being me, the happy go lucky vocational student of the bunch, I make a mental note not to turn in the kiasu direction.

That people, was 2 months ago. Today, I am somewhat turning kiasu. I'd like to call it being studious. Yes, that sounds a lot better. I'm actually starting to do my summary notes (something which I've never done before) and actually read and go through really really big text books. Text books that can kill you if I dropped it in you. The reality now is that I am resiling my happy go lucky ways. This is all thanks to Clarice for scaring me early on in the semester by going to the library, borrowing books and printing out articles right after classes. Perhaps my mom was right. Hm..

Now you really have Joshie New!! What's weird is that I kind off enjoy this feeling of being studious; a sense of productivity and accomplishment after doing your notes and going through the text. I'm left here wondering sometimes why didn't I get this study drift years ago. A sign of maturity? Well, I've always been a late bloomer anyways. Better late than never i suppose. Guess all I have to do now is to ride this wave and not let the momentum slide because I'll need all the waves that I can get.

Looks like it's another journey of discovery for me.

No comments: