Wednesday, April 14, 2010

God Is Good

If you guys still remember somewhere in a previous post, I wrote about a journey of discovery due to my last minute preparation for my Corporations Assignment. Well fellas, the marks for the assignment are in and I passed with a 55%. *looks up and thanks God*

I know I may be pushing the phrase "God Is Good" to the borders of out-of-context (please don't strike me God), but really, if there is a really good example of God's strength, grace and wisdom is that even after my procrastination and 11th hour crap, He has made me pull through. Yes, it isn't exceptional marks but honestly, God isn't going to give me superduper marks without putting in any effort of my own.

It's a balancing act, I believe, between your own personal effort and God's effort. In hindsight, I've come to the realisation that it has been 10% Me and 90% God in my studies. Sometimes the amount of effort I put in is not proportionate to the marks I get. Now don't get me wrong here. I'm not taking His grace for granted. The point here is that God really is with you in all your endeavours, in this case, studies.

The catch here is that I must first honour God because in doing that, He will honour you. Being a very vocational student, with a "as long as I pass, I'm good" mentality, God does honour me with a pass this time. Although I must say that some people here are making me feel the pinch. In other words, I'm becoming very kiasu. But I'll save the kiasu-ness for another time. Once again, a big shout out to the big G for being there for me, and who will always be.

~the Lord will watch over your coming and going, both now and forevermore~

No comments: