Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I Still Want Mac

I have good news and I have bad news.

The bad news:

My Mbp can't be fixed for free :'( Apparently it wasn't the chipset problem, but rather the video display card problem. Total cost to rectify this, AUS$1211.60. It has cents because of tax.

The good news:

The Mbp can't be fixed!!! :) That means it's time to change Macs. Yes, I had a MacBook Pro which I did not fully utitlize. It was, in honest truth, substantially just a really expensive MP3 player. So this time round, I'm going to be smart and get a MacBook instead. No need to go spend unecessary money. And what's really cool is that the dude at the comp shop can convert my old hard disk from the Mbp into an external hard disk. It's not free though (duh!). It'll cost me AUS$160. Beats having to pay 55 bucks just for the diagnostics. Might as well just save what I can and sell the rest on Ebay. I'm banking on someone to give me 100 bucks or more for my Mbp. It's still worth something.

What I'm looking at now is a the MacBook which is going for AUS$1299 here, GST included. Compare that with the cost to fix my Mbp, you'd want to get a new one too. Stidents here get discounts as well and a free iPod if I'm not mistaken. Makes you want to buy even more now. What's left is that I'll just have to convince my mom to send over the cash and then it's go time. I can't wait. Heeheehee.. :P

No comments: