Wednesday, March 3, 2010

All Over Again

It's the 3rd of March and it's the 3rd month into this relationship. You know what they say about the first 3 months being the 'honeymoon' period where it's the time both parties get to know one another better and it's all a bed of roses for the relationship. Personally, I don't really believe in this 'honeymoon' period because firstly I know of a few people who break out of a relationship well less than 3 months into the relationship. Secondly, I believe that 'getting to know you' period has basically already been done. One and a half years wei (okay, so this comment may be VERY biased). Yeah, there are still things that she does that sometimes annoy me a little for example, there's this victory laugh thingy which she does or kicking my pelvic region via my ass into the pool table (a one off thing).

But these are little things can be worked on. And besides, if these were not present, she would not have been the girl that I fell for. (everyone goes 'Awwww') The bottomline is to look past the superficial or the prima facie I would like to call it. Looking back, it took me one and a half years, and some bitch slapping to get me to just realize what a gem I had all this while and I was too dumb to notice. I know it has only been a mere 3 months and this auspicious date means that tomorrow begins a new phase of the relationship where shit will happen and perhaps more shit will happen. I know we don't live in a fairy tale where everything is all happily ever after. Happily ever after was so once upon a time. It is my prayer and belief that if both of us are to work at it, I don't see why this relationship will not work out for the good of the both of us.

It has been a good 3 months and I thank God for every moment spent together with God as the center piece of this relationship. I know some of you might think that I'm going to play this one out and it doesn't really help that I used to be the class' party boy and "drunkard". I'm in this relationship with all my heart. It's still a long road ahead and I pray that we'll continue to trust, to hope and to love.

Did I tell you how much I love you? I'm falling for you all over again.

No comments: