Monday, March 1, 2010

Change Of Mind?

Okay..so I've been particularly defensive the last two days of a martial art/sport of mine which I had always wanted to be involved in. I'm talking about kendo and today, I had the chance to see it live, first hand. Yes, I was excited, anxious, and expectant. I entered the hallway leading to the sports gym and that's where they were. I took a seat at the side and watched wide eyed, observing as much as I could.

And Kendo was good. Just plain good.

Yeah, so MAYBE I was a little too expectant because all I saw were people taking their time to make a move and when they did hit one another, they would stop for awhile and then resume. I felt that was a little too unpractical. Nobody is going to wait for you in a real fight. I think that kendo is steeped a little too much into culture and therefore is losing it's appeal on me. I want to learn something practical, something that I could use in a real fight.

The current (and only) alternative now would be fencing. Yes it's still swordplay and yes, I am soooo into swords and stuffs. Maybe an apology is in order here. I may have been a little bit harsh and closed mind about fencing the past two days. So yes, I'm sorry and I'll be more open minded next time. To show my sincerity, I am actually going to go see the fencing practice this Wednesday. Who knows, fencing may be what I'm looking for.

No comments: