Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Return

Had a chat with my mom on msn and she dropped something on me which I found a bit of something from a movie. She said, "You're father is waiting for your return." I had this image of a young prince who had been wandering the earth in training to one day take over the throne to rule. Just in case you were wondering, no, I am in no way equating myself to a prince. It was just an image, an analogy that popped inside this noggin of mine. I get this feeling of great responsibility and expectancy upon my shoulder when I read that. I know I'm supposed to take over the firm one day but this kind of had a different tone to it. It seemed to me for a moment that Dad won't be totally 100% into politics until I return. I understand why he's getting involved in all this. For the sake of justice and to uphold the rights of the poor, the needy and the oppressed.

The prince carries the hope and wishes of the people when he becomes king. Likewise, I feel like I'm carrying the hope and wishes of my Dad. Yes, I look up to him very much. I remember him telling me once that he wants to see us make it in life and be better than him. Looking back now, I laugh at this statement. He has set the bar pretty high. Too high for my comfort. Now, he's waiting for me to return and take the lead and set a standard. There's nothing I can't handle. Or at least that's what I tell myself when I'm faced with something uncertain. Hey, go in with a positive attitude. I want to leave an impact in people's lives. Leave my mark in the hearts of people. Leave my legacy in the history pages of people's minds. Leave an impression just like what Dad is doing now. And he's getting there with his list of landmark cases on NCR and in the not so distant future, participating in the general elections. The bar just seems to get higher and higher.

Some people don't like living in the shadow of other people. But really, I don't mind.


No comments: